CRAIG A. HANSON
Experienced legal professional that focuses on advising individuals and business to help them accomplish their short term objectives and meet their long-term goals.
Previously work for:
A 160 attorney full service law firm with offices in MN and DC.
A local management Consulting Firm
Negotiated many residential short sales and advised homeowners on their rights and responsibilities under state law and the loan documents.
Assisted client in the design, development and marketing of an up-scale residential housing project which included the formation and regulatory approval for its own private self contained utility company to provide water and sewage disposal and treatment services.
Advise companies in the areas of corporate formation, mergers and acquisitions, governance, joint ventures, other strategic business arrangements, and draft and negotiate commercial agreements.
• Drafted and negotiated software and technology agreements including development, licensing, Service, and reseller agreements.
• Assisted client in the negotiation of the sale of a business to a Canadian corporation through a two-staged sale process, which included earn-outs performance bonuses and stock options which resulted in the client receiving its asking price plus the potential of increasing it by 50% based upon future performance.
•Advised technology company as its general counsel, from formation to growth through strategic acquisitions. Consulted on all major business or legal matters.
•Assisted private equity portfolio company in the redemption of membership units from the company’s original owner.
• Assisted technology company in a series of strategic acquisitions to further its goal of becoming the leader it its niche market.
• Assisted technology company in sale of non-core division.
• Served as out-side counsel to board of governors for private equity portfolio company.
• Advised client and drafted documents for merger of multiple separately owned equipment dealerships into one operating unit.
• Advised residential home builder on structuring a financing package which included lines of credit, individual construction loans and real-estate development loans.
• Advised clients on personal estate planning and business planning matters to protect the assets and business they have built and insure the family relationship remains strong after they have passed.
WILLIAM MITCHELL SCHOOL OF LAW 2008-2010
Adjunct Instructor, Business Practicum Course
Stearns/Benton Bar Association
Minnesota State Bar Association
American Bar Association
Central MN Habitat For Humanity Board of Directors 2004-2010
Provide bro bono legal advice to several non-profits 2006-Present
Legal Corp Attorney Volunteer 2006-Present
Small Business Clinic Volunteer 2007-2010
St. Cloud Chamber of Commerce Leadership Program Graduate
HAMLINE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW, JD (Licensed in MN in 2001) 1998-2001
UNIVERSITY OF ST. THOMAS, MBA 1999-2001
CONCORDIA COLLEGE, Moorhead MN 1994-1998
BA, Healthcare Financial Management